From Fashion Times
It’s time to admit it- you probably don’t spend half as much time caring for your nails as you spend caring for your hair or perfecting that cat-eye eyeliner. There are many ways to care for our nails, and one of the best ways to keep up with those talons, is to have fun staying on trend with the most popular looks for the tips of fingers.
A new season ushers in new ideas for spring manicures, so before you allow yourself to stay in the same old nail rut, BeautyPress recommends you choose from these four simple ways to spruce up your spring nail game, and mix things up a bit:
1. Point at the Moon. Half moon manicures are going pop art. This look is artsy, but still acceptable for the workplace.
You can even add volume to the half moon for a more 3D-look with a simple rhinestone or make it pop with contrasting shades. Bright colors like turquoise, coral, and red are bright enough to get all the right attention.
2. Simply Timeless. A classic one-color manicure is an understated impact this season.
And for all you safety just a topcoat shine, crimson red, or glossy coral will do the trick.
3. Nail Art. Another season, 3D is the way to go, long gone are the days of squiggly lines of different colors to be called nail art. Appliques like gold chains, pearls, and even letters wow the crowd.
If understated nail art is more your thing, than go completely bare with nails and add a super small stone for embellishment on either just one or two fingers. Matte topcoat for bonus points!
4. French Remix. Double-tipped French manicures are the new classic. Think white tip and a bright pastel color lined right below or above the white line.
5. Striped. Either several small stripes against a bare nail or just one stripe down the middle, off-center, horizontally, or vertically are all the right ways to strip down your manicure this spring.